a collection of 47 healthy homemade salad dressings

FacebookPinterestGoogle+TwittertumblrEmail

lunchinthegarden-DSC_0046

“Lunch in the Garden” Salad Dressing ~ light, creamy, low-cal and lovely ~ chock full of veggie chunks!

garlicsesamedressing-DSC_0313

Oven-Roasted Garlic & Sesame Dressing ~ bold, creamy, nutty & delicious with buttery, mellow garlic

honeydijon-DSC_0017

Honey Dijon Dressing ~ simple, yummy and zesty!

razzvinaigrette-DSC_0293

Kicky Raspberry Vinaigrette ~ fruity, spicy and bright

lemvinaigrette-DSC_0019

oven-roasted lemon vinaigrette ~ tangy, silky and peppery

buttermilkranch-DSC_01121

Buttermilk Ranch Icebox Dressing ~ Beautiful, Creamy and Fresh!

thousandisland-DSC_0023

Thousand Island ~ Creamy, Sweet & Spicy!

greengoddess-DSC_0012

A Well Dressed Green Goddess ~ herb-laden, onion-garlic bliss!

lowellinndressing-DSC_0005

Three Lowell Inn, Stillwater Salad Dressings: House French-Style, Citrus, and Tomato

gardressing-DSC_0023

Herb Garden Salad Dressing ~ lemony, herby, garlicy…featured in Ladies Home Journal!

maplefrenchpressFINAL-DSC_0287_2

French Press Vinaigrette ~ Maple, Coffee, Soy Sauce-Spicy

napawedge-DSC_0035

Sesame-Peanut Dressing ~ Spicy, Honey-Sweet & Peanutty!

tapenadedress-DSC_0010

Honey Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette ~ Sweet, Tart, Light

bellinichicNEW-DSC_0017

Basil Peach Bellini Sauce/Dressing ~ Sweet, Herbal, Peachy

sundriedvin-DSC_0010

Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette ~ Bold Tomato, Balsamic, Oregano

FINALcarrotribbons-DSC_0044

gin tangelo dressing ~ juniper, citrus, garlic

provencepotato-DSC_0036

grainy mustard dressing ~ fruity olive oil, creamy, zesty mustard

gorgonzsalad-DSC00151

Maple Balsamic ~ the taste of classic balsamic vinaigrette with a twist of maple

mangocaprese-DSC06778

Basil Vinaigrette ~ Minimalist, basil, olive oil

brownsugbalsamic-DSC_0041

brown sugar balsamic ~ a sweet twist on the traditional balsamic, wonderful for fruit & veggie salads!

tomatosoupdress-DSC_0016

Tomato Soup Blender Dressing ~ homestyle, sweet, creamy & tangy

greeksalad-DSC_0053

Greek Dressing ~ classic, lemony, garlicky and perfect!

pearvinaigrette-DSC_0285

Ginger Pear Vinaigrette ~ Ginger, Pear, Sesame

olivegardendressing

Better than Olive Garden’s Salad Dressing

CAsalad-DSC_0253

Creamy Banana Dressing ~ Unique and wonderful on fruit salad or in place of coleslaw dressing!

fruit-salad-DSC_0490

Polka Dot Poppyseed Dressing ~ the perfect topping for fruit salad

caesardress-DSC_0035

Creamy Caesar Dressing ~ creamy, garlicy, lemony

bluecheesedressing-DSC_0063

Creamy Blue Cheese Salad Dressing ~ your classic, creamy blue cheese with big chunks of cheese and a hint of garlic!

creamypestodressing

Pemberley Gardens Creamy Pesto Salad Dressing ~ all of the flavors of fresh pesto…in a creamy salad dressing!

bbqranchdress

Creamy BBQ Ranch Salad Dressing ~ Sweet and tangy barbecue mixed with creamy herbed buttermilk ranch!

spicedrumvinaigrette2

Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum Cherry Vinaigrette ~ Sweet, kicky, fruity and tangy with just a hint of spiced rum!

raspepperparmdressing

Raspberry Jalapeno Parmesan Salad Dressing ~ sweet, bright, tangy, fruity and spicy!

cilantrovinaigrette

Honey-Kissed Cilantro Vinaigrette ~ fresh, green, simple and sweet! Perfect on anything Tex Mex!

buttermilkdillranch

Buttermilk Dill Ranch Dressinga delicious, healthy ranch dressing featuring dill! SO good on chop chop salad!

1000islandfinal

The Original Thousand Island Salad Dressing ~ Classic, Creamy, Delicious!

ovroastedstrawberryvin

Oven Roasted Strawberry-Vanilla Vinaigrette ~ Bursting with berries and just a hint of creamy vanilla!

easyfrenchfinal

Easy French Dressing ~ My favorite French! Minimal ingredients, awesome flavor!

guacranchfinal

Guacamole Ranch ~ Creamy and delicious… a healthy alternative to traditional ranch. Awesome on Mexican food and tacos!

italiandressing

Tuscan Villa Garden Italian Salad Dressing ~ chock full of fresh herbs, piquant parm cheese and floral olive oil with a kick of garlic!

polkapoppylite

Polka Dot Poppyseed Dressing {lite version} ~ Light, tangy, creamy and sweet! Perfect for spinach salads and fruit salads!

56 comments for “a collection of 47 healthy homemade salad dressings

1. Renate
    April 23, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Yum! All the dressings look devine. I love home made salad dressing, and never use store bought dressing. I will make some of your recipes. Thank you.

April 23, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Hi Renate! Thanks for commenting! enjoy ;) xo

2. Lynn Marie
    April 23, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Thanks so much for this awesome post. I’m pinning it for future reference!

April 23, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Enjoy, Lynn! thanks so much for commenting! :)

3. Ann
    April 23, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Wow…. A treasure trove of good dressings… Thanks…

April 24, 2013 at 7:41 am

Hi Ann! My pleasure! I’m so happy you like the recipes :) enjoy, and thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet!

4. Judy
    April 23, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Thank you for suck a wonderful collection of dressings! Can’t wait to try several of these. :)

• Judy
      April 23, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Umm, that was “such” not suck, geez, I don’t see an edit button on here, lol!!

April 24, 2013 at 7:40 am

LOL, Judy! :D

April 24, 2013 at 7:40 am

Hi Judy! thanks for visiting! enjoy! :)

5. Carol Carpenter
    April 23, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I would love to get a receipe for a homemade ceasar Salad dressing as I really love that dressing even on other salads. If you have one would you please email it to me ,thanks Carol

April 24, 2013 at 7:39 am

I will make my Caesar dressing and add it to the list, Carol! thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for visiting! :)

6. Debbie Traynor
    April 23, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Oh my GOODNESS!!! Every single one of your special homemade dressings look incredible! I would have a hard time choosing one, so I will attempt to make them all, just not all at once! Salads…here I come! ♥

April 24, 2013 at 7:38 am

Hi Debbie! thanks for stopping by :) I’m so happy you like the recipes! enjoy

7. Abby LaMarine
    April 24, 2013 at 12:37 am

Fabulous.

April 24, 2013 at 7:38 am

thank you, Abby! enjoy :)

8. Jacqueline Howard
    May 14, 2013 at 10:46 am

Thanks so much for posting this. Delicious! !!! I have been feeling so bored by salads. Just the inspiration I needed xx

May 14, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Hi Jacqueline! I’m so pleased you like the dressing collection! Enjoy, XO :)

9. Ruth Cobb
    May 27, 2013 at 9:29 am

These look wonderful. I can’t wait to try some of these. thanks

May 27, 2013 at 9:57 am

Hi Ruth! So happy you like the collection :) thanks for visiting! enjoy.

10. Donna
    June 18, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Again, I just love your site. It is my ‘go-to.’

I want to make every one of the dressings. Seriously! They sound wonderful.

Two questions:

Could any of these be made in November, stored outside the refrigerator, and used for Christmas gifts in a basket for family and friends???

Do you have a link for any ‘make ahead food Christmas/hostess gifts’ from you?

Thanking you in advance,
    Donna

June 19, 2013 at 7:47 am

Hi Donna! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet compliment. I have never made homemade dressings to keep…I just make them fresh, so I’m not sure how that would work. Sorry about that. I do have plans to start making jams, jellies, preserves and pickles this summer…so very soon I hope to have those posted for you to try. I do have a few jam recipes on the blog…but I’ve never made those to keep either…just in the fridge for a week or so… Other than that, all I can think of right now as far as “make ahead” presents on my site would be bath salts/sugar scrubs:

or apple butter that you can make ahead and freeze:

massage oil:

and…several knitting/crocheting projects if you’re interested in those.

XO ~Melissa :)

11. Lisa
    June 23, 2013 at 11:30 am

Hi. Do you have a recipe for really good Fat-Free Raspberry Vinaigrette? Thanks! :D

12. July 26, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Once refrigerated how long will they last

July 27, 2013 at 12:17 am

Hi Mary, Most of these recipes specify how long they will last (within each recipe post.) A good rule for homemade recipes…5 to 7 days for creamy dressings, 10 to 14 days for oil based recipes.

13. Jackie
    October 22, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I would love to make these recipes.

October 22, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Thank you, Jackie :) enjoy!

14. February 4, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Absolutely fabulous presentation of each dressings…I am looking forward to making them!!

March 4, 2014 at 11:50 pm

thanks, Shawn! :) enjoy!

15. March 3, 2014 at 6:14 am

Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content.
    Please let me know. Cheers

March 4, 2014 at 11:51 pm

That would be great, Kimber! thanks :)

16. Courtney
    March 5, 2014 at 8:45 pm

I didnt look at all the recipes, but they all look so amazing!!

I just wanted to give you one of my homemade dressing recipe I recieved from my parents cuban friends. It is so simple and so easy!

There are no specific measurements, I just wing it and taste test it. I make the dressing in the bottom of the bowl where I will put the salad and then toss it together.

lime juice
    Olive oil
    Garlic clove
    Grated Parmesan
    Ground pepper
    Salt

It is the best dressing I have ever made! I hope you try it! You will never want to eat salad any other way.

March 7, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Thank you, Courtney! Can’t wait to try this dressing :)

17. March 24, 2014 at 10:05 am

An amazing collection of salad dressings Melissa!
    Pinned and I can’t wait to make my way through the list

March 25, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Helllllooooo there sweet Sawsan! It’s been awhile :) Thank you for the sweet compliment. That is high praise coming from you. I love your pretty recipes too! Enjoy the dressings. XOXO ~M

18. Holly
    March 29, 2014 at 9:58 pm

Your pictures are lovely! Perfect complement to the recipe.

March 29, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Hi Holly! Thanks for the sweet compliment! You made my day :)

XO,
      ~M

19. AVIVA
    May 8, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Is there a way to pin the whole collection at once? When I go to pin it, it shows individual dressings.TIA They all look mouth watering!!!

May 8, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Hi Aviva!
      I believe that if you click on the pin it button it will show you a bunch of dressings in the collection and that if you click one, you’ll still have the whole collection with that photo representing the collection on your board.

XO,
      ~M

May 8, 2014 at 11:39 pm

PS…. Aviva, yes… I just tried it and it works! :) enjoy the dressings, and thanks for stopping by!

20. Sissel Sandven
    May 12, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Hi :-) Lucky me who found this web site and this amazing list of fantastic dressings. Looking forward to try.

Best whishes from Sissel i Norway

May 15, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Hi Sissel! I’m so glad you like the recipes. Enjoy, Lovely, and thank you for stopping by! xo

21. Jo
    May 14, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I can not wait to try numerous dressings you have listed. My big decision will be which one first. LOL! Thank you so much for posting these. It must of took you quite a while between the recipe itself and the beautiful photos displaying them.

Best wishes Jo from Virginia

PS – The only store brought dressing that I love is Marie’s Blue Cheese Vinaigrette I am going to try adding some blue cheese chunks to one of your vinaigrette dressings and see if I can develop it unless you already have one not posted?

May 15, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Hi Jo! I’m so pleased you like the collection :) They’re all yummy and pretty darn healthy too! I have a blue cheese dressing recipe in the collection (it’s the 9th one from the bottom and my cat is “photo bombing” the shot. LOL!) The blue cheese dressing is especially chunky and creamy, just the way I like it… and it’s awesome with the Lowell Inn House Dressing (if you enjoy the combination of French and Bleu.) XOXO ~M

22. Gammy
    June 8, 2014 at 6:10 am

These all sound great .I will be trying them for sure. Thank you.

June 10, 2014 at 12:23 pm

My pleasure! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :) enjoy!

23. Pam
    August 10, 2014 at 9:01 am

I just discovered your website — your recipes and photography take my breath away! I’ll never buy another salad dressing again! My garden has produced the best ever Indiana tomatoes and herbs! Thank you for your lovely website!

Pam in Indiana

August 26, 2014 at 11:43 am

Hi Pam! I’m so happy you found me! :) Thanks so much for the sweet compliments. Enjoy the recipes! XOXO ~M

24. Lori
    August 16, 2014 at 7:22 pm

With all these wonderful recipes, I see an awful lot of salads in my future. Thanks

August 26, 2014 at 11:44 am

Hi Lori! :)

Happy salad making! XOXO ~M

25. Theresa
    September 4, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Thank-You so much for sharing…it is very kind of you, and i for one greatly appreciate it.

October 4, 2014 at 9:27 am

My pleasure, Theresa! Enjoy :)

26. Maggie
    September 30, 2014 at 10:09 am

there is only 45 recipes for the dressing, where are the last 2?

September 30, 2014 at 2:40 pm

Maggie,
      No, there are 47… Under the “Lowell Inn Salad Dressings” post there are 3 dressings listed.

27. October 15, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Hows about I come to your house and eat? Okay, okay, just joshin’ with ya, hun. Honestly, I don’t know where to start with making all of these de-LISH dressings. My thinking is wouldn’t these make great Christmas gifts?

Make um, wrap um up in pretty jars and VIOLA! My friends and sisters would crown me Martha Stewart…ah, if you added a few pounds. Thank you, Ms M…you rock!