six senses saturday

tasting :: this yummy breakfast skillet… Jeff brought Von Hansen’s ribeyes home for dinner last night. He grilled them to perfection and they were so huge I only ate half of mine. This morning there were some extra baked potatoes too, so I chopped up a potato and a quarter of an onion and sauteed them in a little olive oil until the onion was tender and a little caramelized and the potato was hot and crispy. I put that on a plate followed by the ribeye (sliced and heated in the skillet,) and a basted egg. I topped it off with a little coarse sea salt and cayenne pepper. I’ve also been known to drizzle ketchup or Sriracha over the top of this type of breakfast food. MMMMM!!! So good!

seeing :: this wonderful Peace poster by my daughter, Gracie. Her poster came in 3rd place in a school-wide poster contest! She received a savings bond and got to go to a special dinner to celebrate. Jeff and I got to go too. What a fun night. We’re so proud of her!

hearing :: The fantastic music of Anna Ternheim. My friend, Charles, of FiveEuroFood told me about her. Can’t stop listening! Take a listen HERE and HERE.

smelling :: chocolate chocolate chip banana tea bread!

feeling :: like baking Christmas treats and making THIS SOUP!

knowing :: “I learned never to empty the well of my writing, but always to stop when there was still something there in the deep part of the well, and let it refill at night from the springs that fed it.” ~Ernest Hemingway

What are you doing on this lovely Saturday?

8 comments for “six senses saturday

1. December 3, 2011 at 2:46 pm

What a beautiful Saturday!

December 3, 2011 at 2:48 pm

It’s been nice so far 🙂 Are you still enjoying a little relaxation?

2. Liz
    December 3, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Oh,my gosh, your breakfast sounds amazing! I need to bake some extra potatoes to make a version of yours! Thanks for joining the cookie bloghop!!!

December 3, 2011 at 5:53 pm

It’s a great way to use extra baked potatoes 😉 enjoy! And thanks so much for hosting the blog hop. How fun!

3. December 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm

Such a cool post – “Six Senses Saturday”… I love it 🙂 The food looks delicious… I wouldn’t trade it in for my birthday breakfast, made with love and brought to me in bed by my wife, but it looks pretty darn good nonetheless.

You should be really proud of your daughter – that’s quite an achievement! I’m so glad you like the music too 🙂 I was going to ask if you’d listened to Shoreline and then I realised that was one of the ones you linked 🙂

December 5, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Thanks so much for the compliments! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What did you have for your birthday breakfast? I love breakfast in bed…a little music, a little coffee…maybe a crossword puzzle 😉

We’re so proud of Grace. She’s an amazing student and quite a good artist 🙂

Great music suggestions! Thanks again, and keep them comin’

• December 5, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Ah, what else but a full English – bacon, fried eggs, fried bread, beans… artery clogging goodness at its most delicious :p I think I then opened my presents and proceeded to fall asleep again until about 1 or 2pm 😀

December 5, 2011 at 5:38 pm