date night

This past weekend we got our little pool set up in the back yard and bought a market umbrella for our deck table. We spent a lot of time out there, sipping vino, lazing “pool side”…and we took time to go on a date. We walked up to the Veranda Restaurant at the St. James Hotel for apps and cocktails (which were wonderful! when you go, try the ‘wings’ and shrimp toast!). Here are a few snapshots I took along the way.

What did you do for date night this week?

XO

8 comments for “date night

1. Kimber Dunn
    July 15, 2011 at 8:32 am

I had a date this week and we did one of my favorite things, walked along the river in Stillwater. It was Summer Tuesdays, so we enjoyed the many venders at their little riverside fair, walked along watching the ships & boats, laughed at the kids playing in the water (which is extremely high right now) and sat on a bench just taking it all in while we talked. Really sweet and nice!

July 15, 2011 at 9:11 am

sounds fabulous! I’m so happy to hear you had a nice date 🙂

2. Chantelle
    July 15, 2011 at 9:21 am

Looks like you had a beautiful date night! Our last date night involved way too much beer and Jagermeister and I believe there was much off key singing on my part, and perhaps some underwear dancing. Ah, yes. 🙂

July 15, 2011 at 9:28 am

LOL!

3. July 15, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Ahhh… Date nights.

July 15, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I’m so glad you like them. Even though they’re not [usually] strip clubs or monster truck jams.

4. Sandy
    July 17, 2011 at 10:53 am

You guys sure know where to eat or you have a terrific camera…LOL. I can’t blow the budget on either….

5. Melissa
    July 18, 2011 at 10:45 am

the Veranda is usually pretty good. We’ve had a couple bad experiences with service, but mostly it’s a great little place.