Date Day~Lunch at The St. James Hotel’s Veranda Restaurant

Last week Jeff and I went out to lunch for our date day. The Veranda Restaurant, located downtown Red Wing in the historic St. James Hotel, is such a pretty, relaxing place to have lunch on a sunny day. We sat out on the patio under a market umbrella and enjoyed iced tea and salads.

The view from our table on the Veranda’s outdoor patio

I had the California Chicken Salad with banana dressing…mmmmm….

Jeff had the Greek Steak Salad

What did you do for date day this week?

6 comments for “Date Day~Lunch at The St. James Hotel’s Veranda Restaurant

1. Sandy
    September 15, 2010 at 1:10 pm

The last time when I was at the restaurant it was raining so didn’t eat outside which was too bad. The time before that it was snowing so much for my eating at the St.James Hotel, at least outside…Looks good and I hope you enjoyed your day out, while we still have some of those….

2. admin
    September 15, 2010 at 2:06 pm

Thanks Sandy. It really was a nice day…hope we have a long Autumn 😉

3. Kimber Dunn
    October 18, 2010 at 11:14 am

Ohhhhh, that greek steak salad looks devine!!!!!! You talk about this hotel so much, it’s going on my list of places to visit! Perhaps next weekend even!!!

4. admin
    October 18, 2010 at 11:45 am

The Veranda and the Port of Red Wing are both fantastic restaurants. They have an amazingly talented chef at The Port. The Summit has a beautiful Sunday morning brunch buffet, and the Jimmy (Jimmy’s Pub) is an elegant place to go for a cocktail.

5. Tracey
    May 27, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Thank you for including a picture of the California Salad! It was one of my favorites from the Veranda, and it seems to be off the menu now, although it may be seasonal? I have been trying to remember what was all on it so I could try and replicate it at home. 🙂

6. Melissa
    May 28, 2011 at 3:14 am

Tracey, it’s a banana dressing made from bananas, brown sugar and sour cream 🙂 Thanks for commenting!