Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey Glaze

FacebookPinterestGoogle+TwittertumblrEmail

jackdanielsglaze-DSC_0033

Are you looking for Jack Daniel’s glaze? Well, you’ve come to the right place. This is that stuff you enjoyed from the TGIFridays menu, only BETTER. This is great on steak, chicken, shrimp and burgers!

~ Jack Daniel’s Glaze ~

(makes approximately 2 cups)

1 cup dark brown sugar

1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s whiskey

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup ketchup

1 heaping Tablespoon steak sauce (such as Heinz 57)

1 heaping Tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce (or your favorite)

3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar

2 teaspoons bacon drippings

2 teaspoons garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder

a pinch of cayenne pepper

Combine all glaze ingredients in a medium size saucepan. Simmer until slightly thickened over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Stirring frequently with a wire whisk.

If you enjoy the Jack Daniel’s selections on the TGI Fridays menu, then I think you’ll thoroughly enjoy this Jack Daniels Tennessee whiskey glaze. It’s SO good! It’s a great alternative to barbecue sauce!

17 comments for “Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey Glaze

1. Shannon
    June 3, 2013 at 7:11 pm

YUMMMMMM!!!!!! I love this stuff and I have been looking for it forever!!! I was just wondering how long would this keep in the fridge?!!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!!

June 4, 2013 at 8:00 am

Hi Sahnnon! this will keep at least two weeks in the refrigerator :) thanks for asking, I should go into this post and include that information. Enjoy the recipe!

2. Irene
    June 4, 2013 at 2:29 am

This looks wonderful! How long does it keep?

June 4, 2013 at 7:59 am

Hi Irene! This recipe contains quite a bit of sugar, so it will keep for at least two weeks when refrigerated. :) enjoy, and thanks for visiting! XO

3. Shel
    June 15, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Hi Melissa

Thanks for the recipe I love this stuff at TGI’s. This will make me popular through the BBQ season ;) Good stuff ThnQ

June 15, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Hi Shel! I’m so pleased that you like the recipe! thanks for stopping by. Enjoy :)

4. Dorothy
    June 16, 2013 at 7:23 am

Hi Irene! We’ve loved this sauce for sooo long….never thought we could make it at home. Thanks so much. Friday’s sauce has tiny chopped onions. Do you think those are added during the cooking process, or after?

June 16, 2013 at 7:29 am

Hi Dorothy! :) Melissa here… I added onion powder instead of the chopped onions, but you could certainly do both. Just chop them fine and add them during the cooking process. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. XO

5. Donna
    June 18, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Sounds wonderful.

Could this recipe be poured into sterilized jars, water bathed, and shelf stored un-opened for a period of time, given as a gift, with a note saying “Once opened, store in refrigerator – good for two weeks.”???

Thank you.

6. Dee Booker
    June 28, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Is this something that could be canned/bottled? I have 2 bottles I bought when we went on the tour – my husband and I neither drink whiskey. But I was there and I like to shop and it was the only thing they were selling. BIG BRAIN DRAIN…:)

7. ruby padgett
    June 13, 2014 at 2:56 pm

would that be good for salmon glaze?

June 13, 2014 at 8:05 pm

this makes an amazing glaze for grilled salmon :)

8. Ashley
    July 18, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Could we omit the bacon drippings? Or sub it for something else?

July 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm

Hi Ashley,
      I’ve never tried subbing something else for the bacon drippings, but you can certainly try.

~M