strawberry dream tea bread

This is one of my favorite recipes for tea bread. The flavors are the perfect accompaniment to almost any black tea or fruit tea. I make this for our Valentine’s Day breakfast every year, but it’s awesome any time.

If you’d like to make a loaf you’ll need :

1/2 cup butter, softened (plus a little more for the pan)

1 cup sugar

6 to 8 oz. cream cheese, softened

2 large eggs

6 Tablespoons strawberry milk (I use Nestle Quick)

2 Tablespoons white vinegar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 and 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, coarse chopped

Wash and chop strawberries. Blot a little to remove excess water and juice. Set aside. Generously butter a 9×5 loaf pan. Mix butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, strawberry milk, vinegar and vanilla. Mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in the strawberries. Batter will be thick. Pour into loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 65 minutes (or until a toothpick comes clean when inserted in center of loaf.) Allow to cool for 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Eat warm or at room temperature. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Be prepared to hear yummy noises when you serve this 🙂

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

10 comments for “strawberry dream tea bread

1. Veda Howell
    November 13, 2012 at 3:33 pm

This looks and sounds so good. Wish I could post to Pinterest.

November 13, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Hi Veda. Do you have a Pinterest link on your dashboard? there’s a way to add one…and then you can pin anything on Pinterest. Also…look up the BEST food blogger recipes pin board. You can add that and then you’ll be able to see and pin all of my recipes. I add everything to it! 🙂

2. November 13, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I think I need to make this for breakfast on the weekend. Yippie!!

November 13, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Enjoy! thanks for visiting and commenting Movita 🙂

3. November 13, 2012 at 9:03 pm

This bread looks terrific. Come and see us this week. We have a great giveaway – a $75 swank bag from Pick Your Plum.

May 3, 2014 at 10:55 am

thanks! 🙂

4. patti
    May 3, 2014 at 10:19 am

I will make this, however, need clairification on the Nestle Strawberry milk. is it the powder or do you mix a certain amount of water with the 6T. of powder? thanks, and I enjoy your site.

May 3, 2014 at 10:57 am

Hi Patti! 🙂

I used 6 Tablespoons of already made strawberry milk from the carton. So, if you have the powder… just mix up a cup according to the package directions and measure out 6 wet Tablespoons of the strawberry milk 🙂 Make sense? Sorry for any confusion. Enjoy the bread! XOXO ~M

5. Barbara
    February 5, 2015 at 12:42 am

Hi Melissa! Can you tell me about the white vinegar in this recipe? What part does it play? Just thought it was odd. Thanks!