Picnic at the Covered Bridge in Zumbrota

On Monday we picked up sub sandwiches

and brought a picnic to the

covered bridge park in Zumbrota, MN

The Zumbro River flows beneath the bridge

It was a fun picture taking day

After visiting the bridge we went to see an art show.

Crossings at Carnegie was featuring an

Art & Poetry display.

How did you spend your weekend?

6 comments for “Picnic at the Covered Bridge in Zumbrota

1. Sandy
    April 27, 2011 at 10:21 am

I did the tea cup presentation at the Zumbrota City Hall building next to the bridge with the Goodhue County Extension women…

I did see Crossings, although I am not into fine arts, but not everyone likes the same…I like antiques, country and primitive…And some fine art items are so out of this world that I can’t understand…It’s like someone is on something….In my opinion….

2. Melissa
    April 28, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I agree, some art is WAY out there. But, that’s what’s cool about art. You hit the nail on the head when you said “not everyone likes the same.” I love how art speaks to us as individuals. We are all coming from a different place, with a different perspective, so it is literally impossible for two people to see the same piece of art the same way. Awesome!

I’ve not seen a lot of primitive art, but it sounds intriguing.

You KNOW we are on the same page when it comes to antiques! You are a girl after my own heart GF! 🙂

3. Kimber Dunn
    April 29, 2011 at 9:25 am

Beautiful pictures as always!!! I love art galleries – they’re one of my favorite places to visit on nice weather days. My tastes run more new age, modern and abstract. Really love the outdoor art gardens!! Would love to feature some of it in my yard but think the neighbors would hate me. LOL

April 29, 2011 at 11:15 am

Thanks Kimber!

4. chantelle
    April 30, 2011 at 11:05 am

What a great day! Gorgeous scenery, gorgeous pictures, gorgeous family to share the day! Sounds like a wonderful time and I’m so glad you shared these moments with us!

April 30, 2011 at 11:09 am

I like living in Red Wing because we are close to so many cool things like this. I’m thinking a little road trip to Amish country might be in order. Gracie has never been to Harmony, and we’re only a couple hours away. Thanks for commenting Chantelle!