Lake City’s Wisteria Twig Tearoom

“On Saturday afternoons they explored. They found their own tea shop with their own table–their own streets.” Katherine Mansfield

Today my friends Bonnie, Nancy and I went to tea in Lake City. Rita Dassner, proprietor of The Nest Antique & Vintage gift shop in Lake City, has opened a little tea room in the back of her store called Wisteria Twig. It is sweet, cozy and enchanting. The tea and treats were outstanding. All of the food is home made and cooked with love. This woman has a passion for what she does and it shows!

The Nest antique & vintage gift shop Lake City MN

Wisteria Twig Tearoom

our pretty table

my dear friends and partners in tea…Nancy and Bonnie…

…Tale of Two Sisters Tearoom peeps

tea!

First Course~fruit

Second Course~ scones, Devonshire cream & lemon curd

as my friend Bonnie taught me while I was working at her tearoom…there is no such thing as too much Devon and lemon 😉

Third Course~we sampled 2 soups…chicken noodle

&

country beef & vegetable

…they were simply divine!

The Fourth Course~ Sweets!

Lemon Bar

&

Raspberry Bar

What a completely lovely afternoon! We’re planning on visiting again soon for Rita’s “High” Tea!

XO,

Melissa

6 comments for “Lake City’s Wisteria Twig Tearoom

1. Sandy
    November 12, 2010 at 10:04 am

I love Rita’s Wisteria Twig Tea Room…Here, in Winona they just don’t get the hint…They think coffee shops are the answer. I will have some aprons back at the shop next year, Victorian bags and pillows as well….I am so glad you were able to visit….

2. admin
    November 12, 2010 at 10:09 am

It was such a sweet little place! Now that I know what a treasure Lake City has in this little tea room, I will be visiting often 😉 Your aprons and other beautiful creations seem like a perfect addition to her gift shop.

3. Kimber Dunn
    November 12, 2010 at 12:20 pm

What an adorable place and the food looks so yummy!! I want the wine rack on the wall!!

4. admin
    November 12, 2010 at 12:25 pm

the food was very good…and the shopping was fun! Got myself another vintage tablecloth to add to my collection! yay!

5. Bonnie Tracy
    November 12, 2010 at 7:57 pm

The tea at Wisteria Twig was most delightful. Everything was excellent. I loved the tea, the scones (especially the Devon and Lemon), the fruit, the soup, and the dessert. I am looking forward to the Chocolate Tea in December.

6. admin
    November 12, 2010 at 8:02 pm

I loved the tea too! Do you remember what kind of tea she said it was? And the noodles in the soup? I remember she said they were from Amish country… 😉 I’m still free for the chocolate tea…let’s go!

XO my Bon Bon.