Current Crochet Project-Beanie Hats

“It’s a stretchy, close-fitting, and comfortable hat in a style that’s popular as casual street wear and with outdoor sports enthusiasts, boarders, skaters, and bikers…one size fit’s just about everyone.” ~Laura Killoran

I’ve been crocheting like mad and my current passion is hats! I adore a pattern I found inΒ  Debbie Stoller, the yarn guru’s, book The Happy Hooker. Doncha’ just love that title? Hee hee πŸ˜‰ Her books are my yarn bibles.

She features many different yarn artists in her books, and the beanie hat pattern I’m smitten with is by Laura Killoran of Croshay Design. LOVE this pattern! If you want to make this hat you can get the pattern HERE.

Laura changes the colors for the single crochet stripes. I didn’t do that for the two I’ve made so far, but I think switching between double and single crochet adds beautiful texture to this hat, even if you keep crocheting in the same color.

Gracie is modeling the beanie hat that was crocheted in Red Heart’s Coffee Fleck.

Here, Gracie is modeling the beanie hat that was crocheted in Caron’s Simply Soft Limelight.

Have fun!

X and O,

Melissa

10 comments for “Current Crochet Project-Beanie Hats

1. Dana
    December 9, 2010 at 11:35 am

I love beanies! Of course, it’s no magic hat… but what is? πŸ˜‰ These are awesome. Maybe someday I’ll be able to make my own.

2. admin
    December 9, 2010 at 12:32 pm

Hey Dana! Thanks for commenting!…I will make you a beanie πŸ˜‰
    AND I will show you how to make them.

xo,
    M

3. Kimber Dunn
    December 10, 2010 at 7:05 pm

OMG Gracie is so adorable!!! Love your hats too – green is my favorite color so I really love the Limelight one! Glad you’re having fun on these cold days!

4. admin
    December 10, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Thanks Kimber! We really like her, she’s a keeper πŸ™‚

Maybe I’ll make you a hat and send that with the painting that is still sitting here. OR maybe we should just get together πŸ˜‰

Are there any crafts you like this time of year?

xo,
    M

5. Kimber Dunn
    December 11, 2010 at 1:42 pm

We really do need to get together!! I would be so thankful and priviledged to receive anything you’ve made, you’re very sweet to offer! I wish I crafted more, since I love it so much, but the last few years have had me so preoocupied with everything and everyone else that I barely get to the things I really want to do. I generally make my own christmas cards and gift tags, I use to cross stitch & do bead work, but gave it up because of my arthritis.

I’m actually planning to make a magnetic thankful board out of an old metal tv tray I picked up at the thrift store – all ideas from your blog my dear!! I’ll be sure to post it when I finish it (next week hopefully).

6. admin
    December 11, 2010 at 1:53 pm

Let’s plan something for after the holidays! I’d love to see you!

What color hat? πŸ˜‰

You are such a sweetie.
    Much love,
    M

7. Kimber Dunn
    December 14, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Definitely, after the holidays!! My favorite color is green, but would love a hat in red if you choose to bless me with one of your creations!

8. admin
    December 15, 2010 at 7:27 am

Red it is πŸ˜‰

9. Chantelle
    December 21, 2010 at 9:01 pm

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! And love you and Miss Gracie, too! I definitely think you should keep her….she seems to fit in perfectly around your house. πŸ˜‰

10. admin