Current Crush~ Amy Sedaris

This is the time of year when we could all use a little laugh therapy. Amy Sedaris is hilarious. Her books poke fun at entertaining and making crafts as gifts.

These books are perfect reading after a horrifying day at the mall. Make yourself a pot of tea, put your feet up, and prepare to laugh yourself silly.

8 comments for “Current Crush~ Amy Sedaris

1. chantelle
    December 7, 2010 at 1:08 pm

I adore Amy! I used to watch her on Strangers With Candy http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0194624/ She’s hilarious. It’s so exciting to know that she’s written books as well…..always nice to enjoy our favorites in different formats. 🙂

2. admin
    December 7, 2010 at 4:57 pm

I’m going to have to watch “Strangers With Candy!” Sounds funny! Thanks for the idea and for commenting.

3. December 7, 2010 at 6:58 pm

All I have to do is open one of these books and I start laughing so hard that I am crying. I have trouble breathing.

I love Amy Sedaris.

4. admin
    December 7, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Mary, I love her too. Better than therapy! 🙂

The only other books that have ever made me laugh so hard I was crying were the books by David Sedaris (are they married?) and the Duct Tape books. They hit my funny bone every time.

5. Kimber Dunn
    December 10, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I just ordered both of these books on CD. My newest “crush” as you always put it is comedy on CD for listening to in the car. I drive the kids around so much and have such stressful days, that humor is a great thing to drive with!

6. admin
    December 10, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Kimber,
    I love books on CD. I got into listening to them when I was working on the illustrations for my first book. I never had enough time to read, but I discovered that I could listnen to books while illustrating, (but not while writing! hee hee)

Jeff listens to his Vince Flynn on cd during his commute to and from Minneapolis.

I love the idea of comedy on CD. I may have to try this!

xo

7. Kimber Dunn
    December 11, 2010 at 1:33 pm

I tried fiction books on CD but I only listen to CDs in the car, and I get pulled into the escapism of a good story, which is probably not the safest way to drive. :0) But with comedy & biography books, I really LOVE these on CDs because a lot of the time you can find them with the author reading for you, so you get the full performance out of it, and I don’t have to escape out of my mind into the story – which is obviously a safer drive for everyone. Except when I start laughing hysterically and other drivers wonder what drugs I’m on! LOL

8. admin