everything nice crock pot applesauce

applesaucefinal

evnicesauceboard

~ everything nice applesauce ~

Have you ever wondered how to make applesauce? Here’s a recipe for delicious, homemade spicy applesauce that will make your house smell like autumn as it simmers in the crock pot!

place the following in the bowl of a crock pot:

16-20 medium apples (peeled, cored, sliced)

1 cup tart apple cider

1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

pinch ginger

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir occasionally. Cool and mash with a potato masher.

13 comments for “everything nice crock pot applesauce

1. Jennifer @ Mother Thyme
    October 27, 2011 at 9:45 am

I love fresh applesauce and so do my twins! I love your recipe. I have a bunch of apples that I need to use and I this is the perfect recipe for them!

October 27, 2011 at 9:48 am

enjoy, Jennifer! Thanks for commenting 😉

2. October 29, 2011 at 8:28 pm

This looks delicious. I love applesauce, especially in a crock pot. 🙂

October 29, 2011 at 8:31 pm

thanks! enjoy, and thanks for commenting 😉

3. September 20, 2012 at 11:09 am

Thanks I am gunna try this tonight. Mmmmm.maybe not ginger though is it strong tasting…?

September 20, 2012 at 11:12 am

hello there! thanks for stopping by. no, it’s not really strong tasting…spicy like spice cake or pumpkin bread 😉 enjoy!

4. Jo
    September 5, 2014 at 5:11 pm

how many pint jars will this make and how long will it last? Does it need to be refrigerated or is it shelf stable?

September 6, 2014 at 10:21 am

Hi Jo! 🙂 Because this recipe makes a slightly different amount every time due to apple quantity and size, I can’t give you and exact number of canning jars that it will fill. What I can tell you is that it makes approximately 6 to 7 quarts (it fills a 6 to 7 quart Crock Pot.) So… there are 2 pints in a quart… So by that approximation you’d have 12 to 14 pints. I hope that approximate measurement helps. XOXO ~M

• Jo
        September 6, 2014 at 10:39 am

Hi yes thank you -that answers part of the question. After thinking about it I doubt it is shelf stable but do you know how long it will stay good in the fridge and is it freezable? and if so how long will it stay good in the freezer. Thanks so much. Jo

5. MARY
    September 6, 2014 at 7:10 am

Yes, please comment as to how many pint jars this makes s we love it and would like to make more than 1 or 2.
    Thanks much!

September 6, 2014 at 10:22 am

Hi Mary,

As I told Jo (in the comment above) It’s never an exact measurement… I can tell you it will make approximately 12 to 14 pints 🙂 Hope that helps! XOXO ~M

6. Gloria Melanson
    September 20, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I am going to make this! sounds as YUMMY as my Lays Cinnamon Bun Chips!
    I am one in four of Lays Do Us A Flavour chip finalists, and I was looking for something,
    to eat with my cinnamon bun chips and I think this is one of the yummies I will try!
    Gloria Melanson #votecinnamonbun