“bacon in every bite” woven blt sandwich

wovenblts

Are you ready to experience a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich the way it should always be experienced? Lucky you to have found this post! Seriously, this is the best BLT I’ve ever had because the bacon is thick and woven together into a perfect square so you get bacon in every bite! I included step by step photos with brief instructions for each. I promise it’s not as complicated as it sounds.

For every woven BLT sandwich you make, you’ll need:

3 slices of thick cut bacon, cut in half

3 thick slices of perfectly ripe tomato

iceberg lettuce

2 pieces of soft white bread

mayonnaise

freshly ground black pepper

~ preheat oven to 400 degrees F. ~

Unwrap the bacon and cut it in half:

thickbacon

Cover a large baking sheet with cooking parchment and lay 3 of the half slices in a row as shown:

3across.jpg

Fold the middle piece back and place a piece of bacon vertically over the slices that are still flat:

1down

Fold top and bottom slices to the left

flip2

Place another slice of bacon over top of middle slice vertically, lay top and bottom pieces flat again and fold middle slice to the left

flipback

Place the last slice of bacon over the top and bottom slices, vertically. Fold middle slice to the right, and voila! A woven bacon square!

wovenbacon

Repeat this process, making as many woven bacon squares as you want sandwiches.

baconsquares

Weigh the squares down with baking racks. Allow them to lay right on the bacon.

baconweighted

Place in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until very crispy. Blot with paper towels and make your woven BLT sandwiches!

BLTfinal

Enjoy bacon in every bite!

18 comments for ““bacon in every bite” woven blt sandwich

1. Lisa
    April 29, 2015 at 3:52 pm

You forgot to toast the bread!

April 29, 2015 at 3:54 pm

No, I didn’t! BLTs are the BEST on bunny-soft white bread. 😉 XO ~M

• Michelle
        May 2, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Yes! Bunny bread all the way…and blue plate mayonnaise!

• Ng
          July 29, 2015 at 4:44 am

I so do love love love Blue Plate Mayo…yum…the bestest ever…

2. donna
    May 1, 2015 at 9:46 pm

No “bunny soft ” bread for me especially white but put this on fresh baked whole grain bread and it is a super GO. It is fantastic………

3. Michele
    May 4, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Ya know, I’ve seen the “bacon weave” before, but your presentation really knocks it out of the park! I’m suddenly craving these beautiful BLT’s like crazy… My husband is going to LOVE the bunny-soft bread variation. Thanks for providing tonight’s dinner inspiration, Melissa!

May 5, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Thanks so much! Enjoy!

4. linda
    May 5, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Only fluffy fresh white bread w/Blue Plate or Dukes mayo, bacon, cool crisp lettuce, homegrown “peeled” tomato, salt & pepper…….mmm craving one right now!!

5. jane
    May 11, 2015 at 5:55 am

Looks so easy.beautifully displayed

6. Brenda
    March 22, 2016 at 11:43 am

You forgot the slice of American cheese…I never had a BLT until a friend brought them to work from a gas/service station…they were scrumptious and had a slice of cheese on them…um, um, good!

7. Eileen
    March 22, 2016 at 1:04 pm

I Like the idea of “”Woven Bacon”. I am tired of bacon falling off the sandwich while I am eating it.

8. Vicki
    March 28, 2016 at 1:20 pm

I love the idea of the bacon! I sometimes put a avocado on my sandwich or mix some in with the mayo

9. Sue
    June 20, 2016 at 11:42 pm

I did this a few days ago and it was perfect. Made the best BLT’s

June 21, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Hi Sue! So happy you like my recipe! Thanks so much for stopping by to let me know, and to leave a comment. XO ~M

10. Rolanda
    August 4, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Melissa this is a fabulous idea. In a coup,e of days I’m having a blt luncheon. I would like to do as much in advance as I can. Do you think I could cook the beacon a couple of days before serving ? I thought I would put the beacon squares between paper towels and refrigerate. What do you think?

August 4, 2017 at 11:48 pm

Hi Rolanda! 🙂 I think if you wanted to weave the bacon in advance, that would be a great idea, and then just bake the bacon right before serving. Is that what you meant? I wouldn’t bake the bacon too far ahead of time. Hope that helps! Enjoy. xo and have a beautiful luncheon!