mango strawberry lassi with rosewater

~mango strawberry lassi with rosewater ~

โ€œsince the thing perhaps is
to eat flowers and not to be afraidโ€

e.e. cummings

2 ripe mangos

1 cup plain Greek yogurt

1/2 cup strawberry yogurt (I used Yoplait)

2 Tablespoons honey

2 cups ice cubes

1 teaspoon rosewater

Lovely as a breakfast smoothie, as an accompaniment to an Indian dinner or for a healthy snack.

Peel mango and remove all the flesh from the pit. Discard peeling and pit. Place flesh of the mango into the bowl of a blender along with the yogurts, honey, ice and rosewater.

Process until the ice is completely crushed and the drink is frothy. Serve in pretty glasses.

8 comments for “mango strawberry lassi with rosewater

1. February 1, 2012 at 7:09 pm

This has to be wonderful…I love every one of the ingredients, too.

February 1, 2012 at 9:32 pm

it’s yummy, refreshing and good for you. great way to start the day ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. February 2, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I drink lassies every morning for breakfast. This recipe looks great. In case anyone out there reads this, I can assure you that you won’t be disappointed.

Lassies are a great way to start the day. They are easy to make and taste nice too.

Thanks for posting.

Dan

February 2, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Hi Dan. Thanks so much for commenting. I agree, lassis are great! Love the touch of rosewater in this recipe. ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. February 4, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Hi Melisa,
    I would just love to have this beautiful Mango Strawberry Lassi with Rosewater sitting in front of me for a very special treat. It looks delicious! Hope you are having a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

February 4, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Hi Miz Helen! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for stopping by. So pleased you like the recipe. enjoy.

4. February 6, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I have just come into a bottle of rose water and this looks like a perfect beverage! Thank you for sharing Melissa!

Nettie