thrift store score

“In all forms of collecting, the hunt for bargains adds zest to the game.” ~Edward James Nankivell, 19th century English journalist

a sweet vintage bread basket cloth

various vintage napkins

a had crocheted pineapple doily

linen and crocheted lace pieces

lace edged table doily

embroidered and tatted pillowcases

white eyelet…my favorite!

a book with a bunch of crochet projects I can’t wait to try!

shallow bowls for soup

glass casserole pans…the one in front is Fire King

plaid plates!  perfect “chargers” for my leaf plates and great for an Autumn dinner party I’m planning!

a matching platter

Bavarian dessert plate

hand painted dessert plate

Rosenthal plate

This past Friday, my friend Sandy Erdman came to Red Wing to visit. We had such a fun day! Tea at Wisteria Twig and a thrift store adventure. I found some of the above items when I was with her and some while I was out today. I am so excited to share my finds with you. Enjoy!

Have you found any thrift store or antique shop treasures lately? I’d love to hear about them!

9 comments for “thrift store score

1. Sandy
    September 26, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I am spending all my money now on merchandise for the store as we are getting close to all the holidays and need quite a bit of stuff also paying general bills(food, electricity, internet, telephone, ads and more for Sandy’s Sweet Nothings(c)as I spent the loot on Friday so thrift shopping for a bit is out of the question no matter how much I may want to go or I ask..do I really need it? It’s fun, but as you know I like to find items to go with the aprons in excellent condition.

September 26, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I loved some of the dishes you found! Very “Provence” with their bright yellow and blue! 🙂

2. Kimber Dunn
    September 26, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Love these finds!! Those plaid plates are the best!!!

September 26, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Thanks Kimber!

3. Sandy
    September 26, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Thanks Kimber I thought so too and for fall with pumpkins and sunflowers and more…What FUN…Melissa will know exactly what to do…We will see photos soon with them in with a floral fall centerpiece.

September 26, 2011 at 3:50 pm

funny you should say that! 🙂 I’m thinking about a picture to add to your Autumn article…and I thought I might use some of the plaid!

4. Sandy
    September 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I haven’t even had the time to unpack my items yet…

September 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I’ve been busy today too…up early writing and editing photos,posted blog, worked out , went to the farmer’s market and grocery store, did a photo shoot, cleaned up the house…now making dinner…Calgon take me away! LOL

• Sandy