celebrating 40 with friends

My dear friend Nancy hosted a 40th birthday party for me a couple days ago and I had such a great time! My friends Bonnie, Linda and Jane were there too and everyone made me feel so special. Thanks ladies! I love you all!

We drank adult beverages, ate wonderful food (Papa Murphy’s pizza, watermelon rind pickles…and Bonnie made me a tearoom rhubarb custard cake! YUMMY!) and I got to open presents (which was awesome! lots of great tea, wine and spa stuff…my favorite!)

The evening ended after laughing our heads off at the movie theater. We went to see “Bridesmaids” starring Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph. Hilarious! Go see it with your best girls, you’ll love it.

I am so fortunate to have such wonderful people in my life.

XO,

Melissa

6 comments for “celebrating 40 with friends

1. June 8, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Happy birthday!

June 8, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Thanks Mary!

2. Kimber Dunn
    June 10, 2011 at 7:14 pm

What a fun and special way to celebrate!! I absolutely LOVED “Bridesmaids” – definitely worth theater money, and a must see with friends!! I’m so glad you had a great day!!

June 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm

great movie! I may have to see it in the theater again with another group of friends!

3. Chantelle
    July 26, 2011 at 10:29 am

Sounds like such a fun day! I’m so glad you had such a great time. I LOVE the hat, by the way. Tell Nancy if her wallpaper goes missing, it might be me that stole it. 🙂 That pizza looks fantastic! What kind is that? I have to have some right now! I can’t wait to see that movie. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

July 26, 2011 at 11:13 am

I’ll tell Nancy to guard her wallpaper 🙂 The pizza was Papa Murphy’s Chicken Bacon Artichoke…one of my favorites! Bridesmaids was AWESOME! can’t wait to get it on dvd.