Canoeing the Cannon River

“I go to the river to soothe my mind, to ponder over the crazy days of my life, just sit and watch the river flow.” ~Natalie Merchant Tiger Lily

Yesterday we went canoeing on the Cannon River. It turned out to be the perfect day for our little adventure. Mild and sunny.

Canoes at Welch Mill

Welch Mill

Gracie caught her first fish!

I rode shotgun…

such pretty scenery

look at this cute little town hall 😉

The Cannon River

How are you spending these beautiful last days of summer?

6 comments for “Canoeing the Cannon River

1. September 6, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Looks like a beautiful day! And what amazing scenery! You should have some pictures of you on the water too!! 🙂

2. admin
    September 6, 2010 at 3:35 pm

I know you’re right…next blog at least one picture of moi 😉

3. Robin
    September 7, 2010 at 8:35 am

Yay…Gracie got a fish! Noah is going to be soooo jealous! He deperately wants to go fishing, but we just haven’t gotten around to it. You guys certainly have some beautiful scenery out there 🙂

4. admin
    September 7, 2010 at 8:55 am

She was so excited! I wish we could have gotten around to camping this summer, but it just went by so darn fast. It would be fun to take all the kiddos on a camping/fishing trip sometime. Maybe the next time you’re in MN. 😉

5. Kimber Dunn
    October 13, 2010 at 1:41 pm

I love that area, we were there this summer for a car show at the ski place. Want to try tubing next summer and I hear the ice cream shop in town is a must visit place!!

6. admin
    October 14, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Tubing is fun unless the river is low. My friend Jana and I went when the river was low and almost left without…well…for lack of a prettier word…butts 😉 Trout Scream Cafe is a great little restaurant…and the ice cream is divine! I recommend the “Fat Elvis!”