Current Crush-Gypsy Caravans

I’ve been smitten with the idea of gypsies and caravans since high school. The idea of a beautiful little caravan and a life of constant movement and travel seems so romantic and inspiring to me. I looked up ‘gypsy caravans’ online…and was swept away by the images. A little mini vacation for my brain while taking a break from writing…

gypsybook

I ordered this book by Jeanne Bayol

and perusing my favorite gypsy blog

What’s inspiring you today?

9 comments for “Current Crush-Gypsy Caravans

1. Robin
    July 14, 2010 at 12:01 pm

This is pretty cool…couldn’t you just see tourist-centric caravans becoming THE place to stay instead of hotels/hostels? I’ll bet there is a whole sub-section of travelers who would go crazy over having a gypsy immersion experience!

XOXO,
    Robin 🙂

2. July 14, 2010 at 4:36 pm

I think I may need a gypsy-immersion experience 😉 Join me?
    xo,
    L

3. Kimber Dunn
    October 8, 2010 at 4:59 pm

When I was in Ireland, we saw lots of these caravans in the parks and along the roadways. They were fun and fascinating! I always thought it would be a fun vacation to live like that too!!

4. admin
    October 8, 2010 at 5:05 pm

They’re just so cool! I’m thinking I’d like to do our “fort” in the gypsy caravan theme! I’ll blog about it as we get closer to completing the project! 🙂

5. Kimber Dunn
    October 19, 2010 at 9:42 am

I want one of these in the backyard for the daycare now. I wonder where you can get an old wagon and fix it up? Can’t wait to see your “fort” when it’s done! You’re doing that in your attic, right?

6. admin
    October 19, 2010 at 4:56 pm

I have an old garage in my back yard that looks like a boathouse. I’ve been thinking it might be fun to turn that into a gypsy caravan house. Wouldn’t it be awesome to get a real one and fix it up? If you get the chance, look up magnolia pearl online. Her fabulous, lavish gypsy style will make you swoon! TOO pretty! Also, if you’re serious, I have a resource for a gypsy caravan building plan. 😉

7. Isela
    June 15, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Please send me info im dying to see a place with a life Gypsy caravan

June 15, 2011 at 7:27 pm

will do! let me look into this and get back to you 😉