tea article

Once again my friend Sandy Erdman has included me in one of her fabulous newspaper articles. Sandy is a columnist for the Rochester Post Bulletin. This time we talked tea. Great article Sandy! Thanks again.

10 comments for “tea article

1. Melissa
    October 10, 2011 at 6:02 am

to read additional comments to this post…click on the top picture. 🙂

2. October 10, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Hello Melissa, I really enjoyed this great article! I especially liked where Sandy states, “…these lovely heirlooms and developing their own tea time tea room. A tea room should be a place where you can relax and sit down in a quiet atmosphere”. That’s exactly what I did at “Heirlooms”, just on a larger scale.

I was reading your book “Welcome Home” last night before bed, and really enjoyed the page about your ‘Luxurious Linen Hutch’. I have a smaller scale open hutch in a guest room, and I just LOVE taking them out to play with them once in awhile. It’s great tactile therapy, isn’t it?

Kindred <3,
    Audrey

October 10, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Hello Audrey,
      I’m so glad you liked the article. Sandy always does such a great job with this column.

We were missing our tea room here in Red Wing for a couple years and were so glad when Wisteria Twig opened it’s doors so we had a place to go enjoy our favorite tea time rituals. In the mean time I set up my own little tea room in my home where I could enjoy tea every day and entertain friends.

I have no doubt that when I visit your place it will be like coming home. You truly are a kindred spirit.

xo,
      Melissa

3. Melissa
    October 10, 2011 at 2:04 pm

ps…glad you’re enjoying “Welcome Home.” I was just thinking about going through my linens and rearranging my hutch. I’ve accumulated so many linens this past year my collection needs to be organized. It doesn’t look as pretty as it should at the moment 🙂

4. Sandy
    October 10, 2011 at 8:28 pm

That would be a good idea to check-out that linen closet since you keep coming home with goodies to add to it and don’t forget the china cupboard and the tea cups…LOL…LOVE YOU!

October 10, 2011 at 8:45 pm

One of these days maybe we’ll do an article on the linen hutch. As i’ve said before…I’m a hoarder (of certain things…like linens and china). LOVE you back lady 🙂 xoxo

5. Sandy
    October 11, 2011 at 8:39 am

You are not hoarder. I told you the difference between a hoarder and a collector. Now enjoy what you have so when you get my age you can start to downsize…LOL. <3

October 11, 2011 at 8:56 am

LOL. Okay. I feel better now 😉

6. Heidi
    October 12, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Hi Melissa! I am so happy to read others’loving comments for THE linen hutch 😉 I had commented once before that was one of my favorite pages in “Welcome Home” as well…any updates or pictures about it? Any new ideas? I am just starting a linen collection- and have never been great at taking care to iron…but this may change my ways! haha 😀

October 12, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Hee hee…funny story…about 3 months ago the legs rusted off of my old ironing board…I think it had to do with hanging it on one of our basement walls to conserve space (basement is a nice word for dark, damp, dungeon.). Anyway, I didn’t have an ironing board, and without one it’s difficult to iron 😉 I’ve been meaning to get to the hutch FOREVER, but then I remember I don’t have a way to iron my linens at the moment, so I kept putting it aside. TODAY I got a new ironing board. So, this week I will be going through the mountain of linens I have, ironing them, tying the ribbons around them, replacing the overhead lightbulbs and getting some fresh lavender for sachets. As soon as I get to this I’ll be posting pictures. As far as the ironing itself goes, I never love the idea of tackling this herculean task, but when I get into it I find it to be meditative and relaxing. A secret…pour yourself something wonderful to drink…and listen to old music, your favorite talk radio station, a book on cd or watch an old movie while you work. Have fun! XO ~M