not the bacony goodness i was expecting

We had been anticipating trying Baconnaise. It sounds like the ultimate. Bacon and mayonnaise? Come ON! But the taste test we did this afternoon proved us wrong. Wow. Yuck. I don’t know how to put this nicely. Baconnaise tastes like fish. Not fresh, good yummy fish (I love fish.) No, it tastes like rancid fish. Where’s the bacon, Baconnaise?

We paid close to $5 for a 15 oz. jar. Needless to say, it will be returned upon our next visit to the market.

I’m sorry. I had my hopes up too.

8 comments for “not the bacony goodness i was expecting

1. Sheryl
    November 20, 2011 at 10:30 am

I was in the grocery store the other day and saw bacon flavored microwave popcorn.

November 20, 2011 at 10:33 am

Hmmmm, I wonder if it’s good? See, it’s this kind of curiosity that gets me into trouble 😉

2. November 21, 2011 at 5:35 am

Haha, oh dear – wouldn’t have been better to get real bacon, grill it until crisp and dry – blend it to a powdery paste and then mix it with real mayonnaise? 😀 Everyone’s really cashing in on this “omg bacon” craze around the world and unfortunately the quality of the products is really low – it’s all flavourings and colourings 🙁

November 21, 2011 at 7:47 am

You are exactly right! Nothing beats real mayonnaise (homemade if you have the time to make it!) and fresh, crispy bacon. 😉

• November 21, 2011 at 7:53 am

Damn, now you got me thinking about bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches on wholewheat bread… look what you did!

November 21, 2011 at 7:57 am

LOL! Well, there are worse things 🙂 We put a little thinly sliced onion and avocado on our BLTs sometimes. Maybe give it a try. You’re right. That does sound good. Now I’m craving one too. 😉

3. Kimber
    November 21, 2011 at 10:08 pm

OK you two – I rarely eat bacon, but now I’m craving a BLTA sandwich creation too!! But I’ll definitely forego the baconnaise – blech!!

November 21, 2011 at 10:17 pm