wine tasting notes ~ dancing bull sauvignon blanc

I enjoyed a glass of Dancing Bull Sauvignon Blanc with a crispy, cold salad of spring greens drizzled with chunky bleu cheese dressing, juicy, flavorful rotisserie chicken, and tender sweet potato french fries. It was a really good, straight forward white with flavors of melon, meyer lemon, cantaloupe and jasmine.

Here’s a more detailed description from the Dancing Bull website:

Crisp, fruity flavors of lime, kiwi, mango and citrus make this wine the perfect wingman for spicy shrimp or grilled seafood. One sip conjures memories of fresh-squeezed lemonade on a hot summer day. Vibrant citrus flavors and a touch of that traditional Sauvignon Blanc grassiness give this wine a crisp, inviting acidity. Stick to pork, chicken or fish with this wine, but throw in some basil or cilantro to match its unique flavors and texture.

What are you pouring?

7 comments for “wine tasting notes ~ dancing bull sauvignon blanc

1. November 14, 2011 at 11:39 am

I am not a wine drinker very often (basically, I don’t consume much alcohol at all) but I went wine tasting for the first time last year and I suddenly understood why people get so excited about it. So many different subtle flavors and whatnot. This one sounds excellent!

November 14, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Wine tastings are fun (and a little dangerous…hee hee…have to remember to drink a few glasses of water throughout the evening) 😉 Yes, this is a really good white. Moderately priced, too. Enjoy and thanks for commenting!

2. November 16, 2011 at 3:33 am

I’m not really one for white wines, but your salad sure sounds good 😀

November 16, 2011 at 7:47 am

Do you like red wine? If so, I’d love some suggestions 😉

• November 16, 2011 at 8:12 am

I love red wine – and to be fair, I like a few white wines, though not many. The problem is in France it’s hard to get “non-French” wines – they like keeping the shelves well stocked with French, French, French, but very few Australian, American wines etc. I’ll definitely try to fish out a few good names for you – see if you’ve heard of them.

November 16, 2011 at 8:16 am

Thanks so much. I’d really like that 🙂

3. Kimber
    November 21, 2011 at 11:38 pm

Sauvignon Blancs are my favorite white!! Not too sweet and not too bitter – always perfect if you ask me!