summer’s sultry elegance ~ six senses saturday

“To begin to understand the gorgeous fever that is consciousness, we must try to understand the senses and what they can tell us about the ravishing world we have the privilege to inhabit.” ~Diane Ackerman, A Natural History of the Senses

~seeing~

the mist rising over Sorin’s Bluff while I was out for my morning walk

…and pretty things growing…

~feeling~

excited about our upcoming North Shore adventure

~tasting~

sweet red wine infused with rose geranium

~listening to~

Neko Case

i wish i was the moon

~smelling~

fresh garden tomatoes & basil

~knowing~

there’s a lot to look forward to and be thankful for.

How are you spending this beautiful day?

8 comments for “summer’s sultry elegance ~ six senses saturday

1. August 20, 2011 at 8:56 am

that first picture captured my attention! and all the rest kept my attention! what a beautiful post Melissa! Let’s see… today I am signing up for bootcamp (Groupon), trying to get Joey to do it with me, ha ha. Kaela is at 6th grade orientation, her first gig as a cheerleader, and then going boating with her friends family. Amy is still sleeping, so I’ll probably get some quilting done or work on what-to-do-with-these-scraps-projects for some fun!

August 20, 2011 at 8:58 am

Thanks for the sweet compliments! Sounds like you have a great day planned. Enjoy 😉

2. Michelle
    August 20, 2011 at 9:13 am

What a beautiful idea…I think I will use it as a saturday prayer of gratefulness, totally smiling….Love it.

August 20, 2011 at 9:22 am

Thanks Michelle. Have a beautiful day. Love you 🙂

3. Sheryl
    August 20, 2011 at 10:59 am

I want to go to the North Shore…..one of my favorite places

August 20, 2011 at 11:01 am

It’s such a beautiful place. One of my favorite places on Earth. We’re staying in Lutsen this year. Something a little different. I’ll let you know how it compares to Superior shores 😉

4. Kimber Dunn
    August 22, 2011 at 2:51 pm

WOW you sure know how to tickle our sense of sight every day with your photography skills!! And my brain can usually trigger the flavor sensory in my mouth when I look at your food pictures!! Amazing!!

August 22, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Kimber, you are so sweet! Thank you. You sure know how to encourage someone and make them feel good. XO