eat your blossoms

finalstufedblossoms-DSC_0182

~ stuffed teatime blossoms ~

My friend Audrey, proprietress of the lovely Heirlooms Tearoom in Hutchinson Minnesota, made these dreamy egg salad-stuffed blossoms for teatime when we visited. They are such a beautiful addition to a formal afternoon tea, I just had to make them myself so I could feature them in a TeaTime Tuesday post. I love egg salad in them, but I’m pretty sure almost any savory filling would work as lilies taste like lettuce! Next time I’m thinking I’ll try a combination or ricotta, cream cheese, crumbled bacon, herbes de provence and kalamata olives! The possibilities are endless.

washed lilies with centers gently removed

egg salad (or your favorite savory filling)

Using a small spoon, fill the center of each blossom with the savory salad or filling. Garnish with thyme blossoms if you wish and place the filled blossoms gently on a serving plate or platter.

Happy TeaTime Tuesday!

8 comments for “eat your blossoms

1. July 10, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Thank you for sharing this lovely photo and idea with all of your fans, Melissa! I’m honored at the mention, and so glad to see how much you enjoyed the edible blossoms from your teatime at Heirlooms. <3 Audrey

July 10, 2012 at 3:50 pm

my pleasure Audrey! thanks for the awesome idea! xo 😉

2. July 11, 2012 at 10:01 am

I have used flowers in salads but this idea with eggs looks so delicious and what a beautiful presentation as well. I am writing a blog ….perhaps I can feature you some day as a guest on my blog.

Best wishes,
    Daisy Villa
    Naples, Florida

July 11, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Hi Daisy! thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comments. I would be honored to do a guest post for you some time. xo 🙂

• July 11, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I think I might do interview with you….what do you think would fit in the context of my blog? Send me a photo of yourself and let’s talk …decide what blog will be about.

July 12, 2012 at 5:55 am

you could do a re-post of one of my at-home-spa rituals 🙂 bath salts, beauty treatments, or ideas for relaxing.

• July 13, 2012 at 12:20 am

Are your stories featured on the right column? I can go over them

July 13, 2012 at 6:09 am