Repurposing Idea ~ Jars of Delight

Valentine Treat 3

~Jars of Delight~

“Every object, every being is a jar full of delight. Be a connoisseur.”

~Rumi

photographs by Melissa Placzek

A sweet idea for giving Valentines to your best friends! Just buy a bunch of small, quilted canning jars… Put a little circle of vintage fabric or a cupcake paper between the seal and lid ring…and fill with your friends’ favorite things…

~earrings or a ring

~little bottles of Lollia perfume

~chocolates and other candies

~conversation hearts

-a cool fortune you got in a fortune cookie

~confetti and scrapbook embellishments

~stickers

~Tickets for :

-lunch

-a movie

-a manicure

-spa treatment

-a mocha or latte

-babysitting

-a pizza delivered to their home

Use your imagination and have fun!

XO,

8 comments for “Repurposing Idea ~ Jars of Delight

1. Dana
    February 10, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Love this! It just goes to show how you don’t have to spend a lot to give a meaningful, beautiful gift.

2. admin
    February 10, 2011 at 1:55 pm

So glad you like this idea! I can’t wait to see you so I can give you yours! 😉

3. Kimber Dunn
    February 10, 2011 at 3:42 pm

LOL I love this idea too – especially since I have a ton of pretty papers and lots of left over canning jars. Could make some cute jars for the daycare kids too!

4. admin
    February 10, 2011 at 4:38 pm

that’s what’s great about this craft…accessible materials and a fun, creative twist on the usual valentine 😉

5. Kimber Dunn
    February 11, 2011 at 9:50 am

Oh that would be!!! I have A LOT of supplies, enough for a small store. LOL Been scrapping/stamping for 12 years now and was a demonstrator for a couple of companies. Lots and Lots of unused supplies – would definitely love to share!! And crafting with friends is soooooo much more fun than doing it alone!

6. admin
    February 11, 2011 at 9:59 am

I agree! Nothing quite as fun as getting a bunch of friends together to create! 🙂

7. February 5, 2012 at 9:13 am

What a great idea, Melissa .
    I have done this with a shoebox:) But I love the jar idea.
    xoxo Misbah

February 5, 2012 at 9:15 am

thanks so much! 🙂 I like your idea too. and you can get more treats in a shoebox. hee hee. xoxo