Six Senses Saturday

PINK!!!

~Hearing~

The soundtrack for

Into the Wild

by the amazing Eddie Vedder

here’s a taste

BTW…I really didn’t like the end of this movie, but I loved the music.

~Smelling~

The “almostness” of spring in the air…

~Tasting~

Greek yogurt

granola

walnuts

&

honey

layered in this breakfast parfait…

~Feeling~

like going HERE

~Knowing~

That soon I will be laying on the beach

using

this…

and I am SO looking forward to the sun!

8 comments for “Six Senses Saturday

1. Chantelle
    March 5, 2011 at 1:32 pm

It’s Satuday! YAY! Love the music, and I totally agree…what a sad, sad movie…..I am so looking forward to the arrival of spring, and then….SUMMER! It’s coming….I can smell that Hawaiian Tropic…and it is wonderful. Margaritas, anyone?

2. Melissa
    March 5, 2011 at 3:47 pm

That movie made me upset because he had such a passion for dropping out of society and living in nature and his fate just made him seem stupid, and totally took away any of the respect I had for his original vision.

But, the music and most of the movie was good. 🙂

Oh, I’ll have a margarita! Rocks, not blended.

3. Chantelle
    March 5, 2011 at 5:26 pm

**SPOILER ALERT** (LOL)
    I agree – I really, really liked him and the movie through most of it, but felt like he made some really ridiculous choices and got himself into the circumstances that caused his death. Sad and stupid, I agree.

The music was great. 😉

Of course on the rocks, silly girl. 😉 (unless you wanna go strawberry)

4. Melissa
    March 5, 2011 at 5:30 pm

and we all know when you make it strawberry… that’s a DAIQUIRI by all normal cocktail standards…not a margarita 🙂 I don’t care if the strawberry “margarita” contains tequila! LOL

5. March 6, 2011 at 5:39 pm

i just noticed at blockbuster last week this movie. i haven’t seen it, but i read the book bout 10 years ago (short book). it was a compelling and inspiring story, but sad at the story line and ending nonetheless. i guess its sort of a lesson – taking chances is good, taking risks is good, but not being educated about the risks you take is bad.

6. Melissa
    March 6, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Exactly Maria. So beautiful, and so sad…I just imagine what he put his parents through. Since seeing the movie I’ve gone back and read the entire Krackauer line up… Into the Wild, Into Thin Air, Where men Win Glory, Under the Banner of Heaven…great stuff. Even when a bit disturbing.

7. March 6, 2011 at 7:05 pm

i agree with you Leisa 🙂 sad that his love for the wild and nature went awry, and sad what his parents had to go through worrying about him. how i’d love to get off the grid, but i’d probably not go to those extremes unless educated about how to carry it out, with an exit strategy (there’s my business persona coming through). i’ll have to check out those other books!

8. Melissa
    March 6, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I think you’ll like them! 🙂