sun ~ dried tomato vinaigrette

~ sun-dried tomato vinaigrette ~

Yes. I’ve made yet another homemade salad dressing. Nobody has complained or sent me anti-homemade salad dressing- hate mail, so I will continue πŸ˜‰ This one is realllllly good.

1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar ( I like William’s Sonoma )

1/4 cup mincedΒ  sun-dried tomatoes

3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

2 Tablespoons red wine

2 Tablespoons water

1 Tablespoon fresh chopped oregano

1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard

2 teaspoons honey

Place all ingredients in a canning jar. Shake well. Salt and pepper to taste. Will keep in your refrigerator for one week.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

17 comments for “sun ~ dried tomato vinaigrette

1. June 21, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Another delicious sounding dressing, Melissa! Have you ever eaten at Donatelle’s in White Bear Lake? They have a sundried tomato basil dressing and yours sounds a lot like it (except for the oregano) and it is so good. We order it just so we can dip our bread in it!

June 22, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I love Donatelle’s! I always get the dunkers πŸ™‚ classic! xoxo Lisa

• June 23, 2012 at 10:27 am

My favorite is the veal parm. We just discovered Donatelle’s a few years ago when it was on an episode of “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives”. It’s now one of our favorite spots because it is so classic! πŸ™‚

July 13, 2012 at 6:30 am

I use to go there on Friday nights when I was a teenager…had a bunch of friends from WBL and it was their hangout πŸ™‚ Ended up living in WBL for 10 years and going there once every few months. Great little place. Try the pizza fries sometime πŸ˜‰ xo

2. June 21, 2012 at 11:12 pm

My hubby and I want to start making our own dressings, I hate all the extra stuff in store bought dressings. This really sounds wonderful, and a great mix of flavor! Take care, Terra

June 22, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Making your own dressings is such a healthy choice! πŸ™‚ It’s so refreshing to try all of the recipes out there for fresh, preservative-free dressings. have fun!

3. June 22, 2012 at 12:42 am

Love the sound of this and I just so happen to have tons of sundried tomatoes! Thanks!

June 22, 2012 at 11:38 pm

This is a yummy little dressing, Jill! enjoy! xo

4. June 22, 2012 at 10:51 am

this sounds great… going to have to get some sun dried tomatoes.

June 22, 2012 at 11:37 pm

enjoy, Marlys! xoxo

5. July 12, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Hi Melissa-

I made this dressing and while the flavor is amazing :):):)- the dressing does not look like your picture but rather like a balsamic dressing. I didn’t know if you had perhaps used a white balsamic?
    Again, the taste is amazing but I just love the deep red color like you have. Any suggestions?

Thanks:) Susie

July 12, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Hi Susie πŸ™‚ That is strange….hmmmmm….well, maybe zip it in the food processor? I really chop those tomatoes fine. hope this helps. xo

• July 12, 2012 at 7:54 pm

that was my exact thought to put it in the blender/food processor to extract that beautiful red hue! Thank you!

July 12, 2012 at 8:02 pm

you’re welcome!

6. Elaine
    April 2, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Is this sun dried tomatoes in olive oil?

April 2, 2014 at 8:09 pm

That’s preferable, Elaine, but you could just use the dried variety if that’s all you have.