creamy buttermilk ranch icebox dressing

~ creamy buttermilk ranch icebox dressing ~

This is a beautiful, creamy buttermilk ranch dressing you can make in minutes. We are starting to make all of our own dressings at home using fresh, organic ingredients whenever possible. This will transform your spring greens into a little work of art on a plate.

3/4 cup real mayonnaise, no substitutions (don’t use lite)

3/4 cup plain greek yogurt

1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 cup buttermilk

5 green onions (including the little green tops)

1 large clove garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Place all in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until well incorporated and no big chunks remain. Pour into a canning jar. Refrigerate, and use within 2 weeks.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

9 comments for “creamy buttermilk ranch icebox dressing

1. April 12, 2012 at 10:20 am

Lovely recipe and photo. I love the simplicity of it 🙂

April 12, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Thanks Ann! Yes, this is one of those “less is more” recipes. 😉 enjoy!

2. April 12, 2012 at 11:04 am

Ooooh! This sounds lovely. Also, I’m on a real salad kick right now, and I tire of dressings very quickly. So thanks for adding to my repertoire!! xox

April 12, 2012 at 1:02 pm

enjoy, Lovely! 🙂

3. Victoria
    August 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm

That sounds so delicious! Do you think this would work with Hemp milk? If so, how would you adjust it? I never have Buttermilk on hand because I try never to use anything pasteurized. Thanks!

August 27, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Hi Victoria! Hmmmm…well, I’ve never tried hemp milk. Is it thick like cream or thin like skim milk? if it’s thinner, I’d use a bit less and add a teaspoon or two of yogurt…if you don’t eat yogurt you could probably just try it without…it really depends on how thick you like your dressing 🙂

4. Victoria
    January 30, 2013 at 8:06 pm

Sorry for the delay in replying! I just saw your response!
    I found out the Hemp milk has some ingredients that are not good, so I decided to use my homemade kefir, instead! I’m sure that would work well! I wasn’t making kefir when I first saw your recipe, or I would have automatically used it! Thanks so much!

January 31, 2013 at 12:49 am

YAY! I’m so glad you found a solution! thanks so much for stopping by and sharing it here! 🙂