dijon cream chicken in parchment

~ dijon cream chicken in parchment ~

Have you ever used parchment pouches to cook meat or fish? We came across these awesome culinary parchment bags while browsing the adorable Buchanon’s market here in Red Wing. So far we’ve used them to make white fish with olive oil, lemon wedges, salt pepper and dill…and these lovely chicken breasts. What I like so much about using these is that the meat cooks faster, and the bags hold in the moisture so the chicken doesn’t get dried out before it’s done cooking. Try them and see for yourself! For more great ideas go to The Paper Chef website and browse their recipes.

preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

4 Tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 Tablespoons cream

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 Tablespoon dried tarragon

1 Tablespoon minced garlic

salt and fresh ground pepper

4 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme

Place the fresh, or completely thawed chicken breasts in one even layer in a parchment cooking bag. Combine the Dijon, cream, olive oil, tarragon, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over the chicken breasts evenly. Place a fresh herb sprig on each breast. Fold pouch over a few times and sort of scrunch it so it doesn’t open. Place in a glass baking dish and cook for 15-25 minutes (or just until completely heated through, no longer pink, and juices run clear.) Serve with spring greens topped with Balsamic vinaigrette and buttered Jasmine rice.

19 comments for “dijon cream chicken in parchment

1. March 19, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Baking in parchment pouches is something I’ve never tried before, but it sounds like a great idea. The Dijon cream sauce and herbs sound delicious; I hope I can try this soon. It would be a great springtime meal!

March 19, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Hi Kimiko 🙂 This turned out so good, and it’s very easy too! enjoy.

2. March 19, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I’ve never used parchment pouches either but have seen them. I’ll have to pick some up next time I’m shopping. These look gorgeous and is that Penelope I see making an appearance? 😉

March 19, 2012 at 5:05 pm

You’re going to love these! they cut down on cooking time too. Penelope is dried and in jars. hee hee…this is her cousin, Beatrice 😉 xoxo

• March 22, 2012 at 6:01 am

Too funny! I just pinned this on the Best Food Bloggers Board. Did David send your invite yet? I gave him your name weeks ago but haven’t seen anything from you. http://pinterest.com/bachelorsgrill/best-food-blogger-recipes/

March 22, 2012 at 6:49 am

I don’t think I’ve gotten an invite yet. I’m already a member of Pinterest, but I assume I need a special invite to be part of this “Best Food Blogger’s” group? Ally called my attention to the group a few days ago. How cool! I would love to be a member. Could you help me? I’m not that fluent in Pinterest yet 🙂 Thanks so much Carrie! xoxo

3. March 19, 2012 at 6:41 pm

love, Love, LOVE this, dear Melissa! Sharing and pinning (of course)! xoxo

March 19, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Hello there my lovely! xoxo, thanks for stopping by, and thanks for sharing! Love it when I get pinned! LOL 😉

4. March 20, 2012 at 8:53 am

Love this recipe. I cook fish in parchment but have never tried chicken – adding this one to my “to do” recipe list.

March 20, 2012 at 8:58 am

Enjoy! 🙂

5. Jennifer | Mother Thyme
    March 20, 2012 at 8:54 am

This is such a delicious springtime dinner with the dijon and herbs, love it! I have cooked in parchment before with fish, it always turns out so tender and flaky. Another must try recipe! 🙂

March 20, 2012 at 8:59 am

enjoy! xo 🙂

6. March 21, 2012 at 10:29 pm

This is a delicious looking dinner! I love fish cooked in parchment, but I have never tried chicken… and this sauce of creamy dijon sounds perfect! Thanks!

March 21, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by 🙂 glad you like the recipe. enjoy.

7. April 15, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Shazamm!! This sounds like a winner in my book: simple, healthful and packed with flavor. I am definitely going to be on the look out for those parchment bags. great post!

April 16, 2012 at 6:08 am

Hi Jill! This is one of my favorite ways to cook. The ingredients in the parchment bags cook to perfection. I think you’ll really enjoy this recipe. Thanks so much for stopping by! 🙂

8. February 18, 2014 at 8:33 am

I made this for Valentine’s day for my boyfriend. It turn out wonderful! I have saved this recipe! I will be making this again! Thanks so much for the recipe. :))