baked oatmeal

butter a 10 inch pie plate

in a small bowl, combine:

3 large eggs

1 and 3/4 cups milk

1/4 cup butter

1/4 cup applesauce

in a big bowl, combine:

1 cup brown sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 and 1/4 teaspoons salt

4 and 3/4 cup rolled oats

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and pour into prepared pie plate. Bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes and an additional 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. (or until completely set and firm.) Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite toppings. We like milk, raisins, apple chunks and a drizzle of real maple syrup.

bakedoatmealclose

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

6 comments for “baked oatmeal

1. October 30, 2011 at 8:16 am

#1 – answer to your what’s up question. Well, heeding your advice and taking pleasure in a morning cup (pot?) of coffee and surfing the ‘net.

#2 – LOVE this recipe. I just bought oatmeal for a pumpkin recipe we’re posting next month and was wondering what else to do with it…. Now I’ve got another treat I can whip of for the fam.

Thanks

October 30, 2011 at 9:23 am

I’m so glad you found a few moments for yourself 🙂 Enjoy the recipe. It’s yummy, easy and pretty darn healthy.
      xo,
      ~M

2. October 30, 2011 at 11:19 am

the adults of the household love oatmeal, but the girls think it’s too mushy. this may be the solution! looks so good, and i love textures of baked goods with a bit of crust on them. can’t wait to try it!

October 30, 2011 at 11:28 am

you could definitely add a little less sugar to this if you’d like (I know you don’t eat a lot of sugar.) …and then adjust sweetness with a drizzle of honey, syrup or jam when serving 😉 enjoy!

3. Trish Hurley
    November 7, 2012 at 10:09 am

I can’t wait to try this recipe – might reduce the sugar. I can’t stand cooked oatmeal, but want to eat it because of the health benefits. Your recipe looks delicious, and will make oatmeal palatable to me!!!!! Thanks!!!!

November 7, 2012 at 1:06 pm