crunchy ham wrap

~crunchy ham wrap~

(4 wraps)

This yummy, healthy sandwich recipe was inspired by my friend Bonnie’s recipe. I make mine a little different, but both versions are wonderful.

4 sandwich wraps or large, flour tortillas

8 slices of thin, deli ham

4 cups shredded coleslaw mix

1 cup chopped sweet pickle

1 cup thinly sliced radishes

3 green onions, chopped (with the green tops)

3 Tablespoons sugar

1 Tablespoon cider vinegar

6-8 Tablespoons real mayonnaise

2 Tablespoons dijon mustard

2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped

1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix coleslaw, pickle, radishes and green onions in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix sugar, vinegar, mayo, and mustard. Combine with the coleslaw mix until well incorporated.

Place the 4 sandwich wraps on 4 plates. Spread some of the coleslaw mix on the wrap. (You’ll end up with extra coleslaw.) Place 2 slices of ham on each. Top with the tomato and shredded cheese, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap tightly, slice on the diagonal, and pierce each half sandwich with a wooden skewer. Serve with your favorite potato chips or fresh fruit. This sandwich is wonderful with tea or coffee.

21 comments for “crunchy ham wrap

1. Kimber Dunn
    August 17, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Yum, Yum, Yum!!!!

August 17, 2011 at 11:34 pm

One of my all time favorite sammys. Enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Keri
    December 5, 2011 at 12:09 pm

This sounds DELISH! ๐Ÿ™‚

December 5, 2011 at 12:40 pm

They’re SO good, and addictive! The first time I tried one (when I worked at the tearoom) I rushed out to get the ingredients and proceeded to eat them every day until I overdosed. You’ve been warned ๐Ÿ™‚ hee hee xoxo. and thanks so much for commenting!

3. Nancy
    September 16, 2012 at 11:48 am

These were amazing! I wasn’t sure what size wraps but bought and used the biggest spinach wraps. Can’t wait to mix them up again.

September 16, 2012 at 12:14 pm

So glad you enjoyed them! yummy and easy with that addictive little crunch ๐Ÿ˜‰ xo

4. donna clements
    July 8, 2013 at 9:16 pm

This was a big hit! I made 14 of these puppies, and they are all gone! In a matter of minutes!These will become a regular meal here at my house. This is good enough for Pot Luck, Sunday Supper, company, etc. AND….it gives me some more ideas! Love it. Thank you ChinDeep!

July 9, 2013 at 12:16 am

Hi Donna! YAY! I’m so pleased you enjoy this recipe ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s definitely a favorite in our house too! I love them for afternoon tea parties with friends. Perfect summer fare. xo

5. March 12, 2014 at 4:47 pm

I am always looking for a new sandwich recipe and this one sounds so delicious and will fit the bill perfect. Thank you Chindeep.

March 15, 2014 at 7:54 am

My pleasure, Mary! enjoy ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Beth
    May 21, 2014 at 11:51 am

I’m making this for my lunch today; looks so yummy!

May 22, 2014 at 9:40 am

Hope it was awesome, Beth! ๐Ÿ™‚ My fave! xo

7. May 26, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Please send me receipts, thank you

8. Ruth Cobb
    April 5, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Been looking at this recipe several times, and finally made them today. I don’t know what I was looking at but also got some hard salami. The sandwich was very good, full of flavor. The slaw was very good by itself too. My family like them and I plan to make them again.

Thanks for the good recipe.

9. Melissa
    September 8, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Not sure what u mean by shredded coleslaw. “4 cups shredded coleslaw mix”. What do you need to make it?

September 8, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Shredded coleslaw mix is available in the produce section of most grocery stores by other bagged salads/lettuces. If you can’t find coleslaw mix, just shred a head of cabbage and measure out the amount of shredded cabbage needed… in this case 4 cups ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope that helps! ~M

10. stephanie
    November 26, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Sounds yummy. What is sweet pickle exactly?

November 27, 2016 at 9:44 am

Hi Stephanie! ๐Ÿ™‚
      Here in the United States we have a couple basic categories of pickles… There’s the sour, garlicky, dill pickles…. and then there are sweet pickles. They vary greatly, but I like the ones that are a little hot and spicy along with sweet. Sometimes sweet pickles are called “bread and butter pickles” and sometimes they’re called “sweet gherkins.” I hope my long answer helped! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for visiting! ~Melissa