Goranowski Glassworks Welch MN

“Goodhue County is the home of the Goranowski Glassworks Studio in Welch, MN.  The 1980 glassblowing beginnings for Chuck Goranowski started in St. Cloud, MN.  A Bachelor of Science Degree in 1986 at the University of Minnesota was followed by a 1995 Masters of Education Degree – with a major emphasis in Studio Arts.

Visits to The Netherlands and Sweden were conferences sites that provided training in hot glass techniques, along with information pertaining to crystal and sources of inspiration.  This eventually led to the 1996, Best of Show Award at the Red Wing Festival of the Arts.” ~From the Stones Throw Gallery website

Today we got to attend an open studio event at Goranowski Glassworks. Only about 15 minutes outside of Red Wing, Chuck Granowski’s studio is tucked away in the quiet village of Welch Minnesota. Chuck is an accomplished glass blower, and his artwork is exquisite.  I can’t wait to return to his studio so I can purchase a few pieces of his brilliant, brilliant work. Watching him work with glass was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. There is nothing quite like watching a talented artist who is totally at home working with his medium.

10 comments for “Goranowski Glassworks Welch MN

1. Sandy
    November 21, 2010 at 8:43 pm

I like this work of art…Sure beats my green Patron bottle on the shelf or the fish bottle….LOL…Thank you for sharing…

2. admin
    November 21, 2010 at 8:51 pm

You’re welcome! Thanks for commenting.

3. Kimber Dunn
    November 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm

OMG those are soooooo beautiful & breathtaking!!! I’m insisting we visit there this summer, and with any luck (and available pocketbook) I can bring a piece of art home!! WOW!!

4. admin
    November 23, 2010 at 3:07 pm

His art is amazing. Even more beautiful in person!

5. November 23, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Yep. It was great to watch him work for a while. It’s obvious that he has been doing this for a long time. “He is one with the glass.”

6. admin
    November 23, 2010 at 8:34 pm

yes, he is 🙂

7. Chuck Goranowski
    November 24, 2010 at 6:55 pm

Wow Lisa, you are a very talented photographer. I need to lose some weight. I need to blow more glass, longer, harder, whew!

Hope to see you and your family soon! Best of luck with your many endeavours!

8. admin
    November 24, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Thanks Chuck! I think it may be time to upgrade my camera, but I really appreciate your generous compliment.

I’m thinking about a bowl I left behind when we visited…if it’s still there when I come back I HAVE to buy it 😉 We’ll come back on the 19th and watch your friend work his glass magic.

9. Penny Clark
    June 16, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Great pictures.We have Chuck’s awesome glasswork in the Blue Lake Gallery, Duluth and it is a pleasure showing and selling it!

10. Melissa
    June 17, 2011 at 4:43 am

Hi Penny! We make a trip up to the north shore almost every year. We’ll be sure to stop by your gallery when we’re there. Thanks so much for commenting!